The Devils come into this Friday evening matchup fresh off their first win after a 10-game losing skid. With the 6-2 win last night, the Devils improve to 26-31-12 on the season which moved them 3-points ahead of the Coyotes, who reside 29th in the NHL entering tonight. The Penguins on the other hand are in the midst of a 2-game losing streak, which saw them drop games to the Flames and the same Flyers the Devils played last night. The Penguins are currently sitting a point back from the 2nd seed in the Eastern Conference and hold a 43-17-9 record. Tonight’s game is in Pittsburgh and can be seen on MSG + at 7:00 PM.
Interesting Facts About the Devils for Tonight’s Game
- For a 2nd consecutive night, Steven Santini will be a healthy scratch. Hynes’ announced during his press conference that the Devils will have the same line-up as they did against the Flyers. That means Keith Kinkaid will make his 2nd consecutive start. (See full expected line combinations below)
- Kyle Palmieri comes into tonight’s game looking to continue his hunt for another 30-goal season. He would need to score a goal every other game as he only needs 7 more goals to do so.
Interesting Facts About the Penguins for Tonight’s Game
- The Pittsburgh Penguins are almost unbeatable at home this season as they boast a 27-4-3 record at PPG Paints arena. They are also currently on a stretch of 24-home games where they are 20-2-2.
- The Penguins hold the league’s most powerful offense as they average 3.4 goals per game and their power-play is deadly, as it converts 22.5% of the time.
- Matt Murray will make his 40th start tonight against the Devils. He brings in a 26-9-3 record along with a .924 Sv% and a 2.37 GAA.
Projected Devils Lines