Are you interested in covering the NHL, New Jersey Devils, or Binghamton Devils? If so, we here at Devils Army Blog are looking to expand our team! These positions are perfect for die-hard hockey fans with a passion for writing, college students looking for experience with sports journalism or media, and anybody that wants to be more involved in the hockey community. For details about what positions are available and what is required for each position, please see below.
Posting Date 3/21/2018. Submission period ends Sunday 3/25/2018 at 11:59pm EST.
What we’re looking for…
*Note*: All positions are on a volunteer-basis only (non-paid).
- Previous writing experience is preferred, but not required – we are willing to train
- Able to produce a minimum of 1-2 articles per week
- Must be able to work with an organized, proactive, team-oriented writing staff in a timely manner.
- Strong personal discipline and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Creative and able to work independently.
- Can help with providing rapid game and news (Devils and NHL-related) updates on our social media pages.
- All inquiries MUST include an original writing sample focusing on the New Jersey Devils.
Binghamton Devils (AHL) Contributor
- Knowledgeable about Binghamton Devils current team, and must follow the AHL closely.
- Able to write articles, or collaborate with our writing staff, to provide in-depth analysis about the Devils’ farm team.
- Post updates to social media pages regarding Albany Devils news and game updates in a timely manner.
- All inquiries MUST include an original writing sample focusing on the Albany Devils.
- Knowledgeable about all areas of the National Hockey League.
- Able to write articles, or collaborate with our writing staff, to provide in-depth analysis about the League.
- Report on trades, roster movements, free agent signings, and periodic updates each night from games around the league.
- All inquiries MUST include an original writing sample focusing on the NHL.
- Able to produce quality photos and infographics. These infographics may include pre-game summaries as well as post-game recaps, details about players, etc.
- Knowledge of Photoshop or Illustrator and Canva.
- All inquiries MUST include an original infographic focusing on the New Jersey Devils, Binghamton Devils, or NHL.
- Able to produce quality videos to our YouTube channel, which may include weekly videos with highlights from games played.
- All inquiries MUST include an original video focusing on the New Jersey Devils, Albany Devils, or NHL.
Panel Contributors on Podcasts and Facebook Live
- We will be hosting pre-game and post-game panel discussions utilizing Facebook and Twitter’s “Go Live” feature, in addition to our weekly podcasts.
- Panel Contributors will detail what fans need to know prior to a game, and will recap what happened following a game on Facebook/Twitter Live using Skype group calling.
- Panel Contributors should have extensive hockey knowledge about all aspects of the New Jersey Devils and the National Hockey League. Prior experience is preferred but not required.
- Must engage fans and keep them engaged by responding to their comments and answering their questions while on the air.
- *Audition Required*
Social Media Manager
- Previous experience with managing social media pages is required.
- May manage, or help to manage, our Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram pages.
- Will provide original content on our social media pages (pictures, videos, memes, posts, gifs, etc.)
- Will provide live updates for Devils games, and brief updates about games from around the League.
If you’re interested…
- Contact us via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Or…send us a private message on our Facebook or Twitter pages
- Please include an introductory paragraph about yourself, how long you’ve been a hockey fan, and why you’re interested in joining our staff.
- Please attach a Resume.
Some reasons to consider joining DAB…
- Exposure to, and interaction with, a large and growing social media following of over 11,000 fans.
- Become part of a unique, tight-knit hockey community.
- Experience for resumes.
- Start or expand your writing portfolio.
- Great networking opportunities with prominent figures in the Devils and NHL community!
Feel free to contact us with any additional questions you may have!