Devils in Cinco’s
In honor of Cinco de Mayo, we’ve put together a few Devils facts focusing on the big number 5!
• The Devils played their first game on October 5th, 1982
• In 1982, we were 5th in what was then the Patrick Division (now the Atlantic Division)
• We had 5th overall pick in the 1989 draft
• The most points by a rookie in one game was 5 pts (Viacheslav Fetisov, 1989-1995)
• On May 5th, 1993, the Devils announced their relationship with the Albany River Rats
• We won our first Stanley Cup in 1995
• Zach Parise played his first game on October 5th, 2005
• Jamie Langenbrunner became captain on December 5th of 2007
• 2011 will be the start of the Devils 5th season in Newark after their first 25 seasons in East Rutherford
• There are 5 levels of seating at the Prudential Center
• Colin White currently wears the number 5
• The Devils shut out the Caps 5-0 in November of 2010
• Patrick Elias had 5 game winning goals in 2010-2011 season
Any big 5′s you can think of? Post them here!
Posted on May 5, 2011, in New Jersey Devils and tagged Atlantic Division, Cinco de Mayo, Colin White, Jamie Langenbrunner, New Jersey Devils, Patrick Elias, Prudential Center, Zach Parise. Bookmark the permalink. 7 Comments.